A Whole Foods Plant Based Recipe - Yummy Banana Bread
I just made a yummy banana bread and wanted share this recipe. It makes a very moist and delicious bread that smells wonderful as it bakes!
Yummy Banana Bread
You will need:
- 3 - 4 ripe bananas (I used 4)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- slightly less than 1/2 cup agave nectar
- EnerG egg replacer (for 1 egg)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (himalayan, if possible)
- 1 1/2 cups soy flour (or any other white flour substitute, such as wheat flour, rice flour, etc.)
Preheat oven to 350. Spray the bottom and sides of a loaf pan and set aside. Mash bananas and add applesauce, agave nectar, and EnerG egg replacer. Mix together. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine dry mixture with banana mixture and stir well. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.