Get Together and Get the Weight Off!
Are you and the girls at the office still promising to eat healthier tomorrow? Are you making the same "after this weekend" promise with your husband and friends? Would you like to join forces with the people you know and care about to build your new healthy lifestyle on the strength of community instead of going it alone, again?
What about Small Group Personal Coaching?
Forming a group to join coaching together not only has the advantage of social familiarity, trust, and real life support - but good research to back it up.
There was an analysis of data collected for the Framingham Nurses Study several years ago that showed a strong correlation between the perceived closeness of a relationship and the probability of similar BMI. In other words, people were more likely to be overweight if their close friends were also overweight, and vise versa. The closer the friendship, the higher the probability.
Let's use this social phenomena to work to our advantage when we take on the challenging task of living a healthier lifestyle. Get your friends together and get the weight off!
Here's what a recent participant in a small group class had to say about his experience:
"The sessions we've had with you have been truly invaluable in helping us toward our goals in weight management. Through them we have adopted several critical behaviors that we know will spur us to continued success such as:
- identifying realistic weight loss goals and managing our expectations of progress through scientifically established formulas
- the importance of continued measurable physical activity as part of an overall lifestyle of healthy weight management
- finding new and interesting ways to incorporate incidental physical activity throughout our respective days
- the philosophy of looking at our food intake not only in terms of quality, but also as a debit-credit caloric accounting system
- acceptance of volume water, fruits and vegetables intake to feel full throughout the day
Through your counsel we feel well prepared to continue on our journey to continued weight loss and management and for that, we are deeply appreciative of the time we've shared together."
For me, the small groups are challenging, invigorating and fun! It's easy to bounce ideas back and forth; and the coaching process builds camaraderie between group members. And the results are terrific! This group of three lost over 30 pounds in their first month together!
Call 508-843-1547 or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to get started. I look forward to hearing from you!
Alicia Leeds Meyers is a Personal Coach who walks the talk and helps her clients uncover their path to a healthy lifestyle.